A dental group singapore is a healthcare provider that provides general, preventive, and specialized care to patients in Singapore.
It is a practice that has been established and licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) to provide general, preventive, and specialized care to patients. The dental group can be an individual dentist or a team of dentists with their practice or a hospital-based dental unit.
Different categories of dental groups:
- General Dental Group: The general dental group is a type of health care provider that provides general dentistry, including routine and preventative care, diagnosis and treatment for all kinds of oral diseases, and therapeutic services for teeth and gums. The typical patient in this group will be a healthy adult who needs comprehensive care rather than just one specialty.
- Preventive Dental Group: The preventive dental group functions as a bridge between the patient and the dentist, providing necessary preventative services for maintaining oral health. A preventive dental group is a group of dentists who work under the same roof. They provide preventive and restorative care to the patients and education on prevention.
- Specialist Dental Group: The specialist groups usually form the basis of what is known as the “dental team.” The specialist groups include oral surgeons, periodontists, orthodontists, prosthodontists, endodontists, etc. They provide surgery and dentures to patients who have problems with their teeth or jaws.
- Endodontic Dental Group: This group of specialists deals with teeth root. They remove inflamed tissue, and if necessary, they place a filling or extract teeth to prevent further damage. They also take care of the pulp chamber and other structures that lie beneath the surface of a tooth.
- Periodontal Dental Group: Deals with periodontology, which studies gum disease and other oral diseases that affect the gums.